The following is a list of our rental criteria and general process. We accept all applications on a first come, first served basis. We process applications in the order in which they are received, not in the order of property showings and/or any other communication to our office. The applications submitted are not considered complete until:
- All applicants for the unit have applied.
- All information required has been submitted to Royal Palm Property Management.
The following is a general list of information required for all applicants; some applicants may be required to submit information beyond this list.
- Valid Government issued ID
- Valid Pay stubs for a one-month period
- Current photo of any pet listed on the rental application.
- Current photo of any service animal on the rental application.
- Documentation for service animal(s), upon request.
All of the above-listed information must be emailed to email@example.com to have your application be considered complete.
When your application is approved
- All Adult applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application and fee. Applicant must provide proof of identity. A non-refundable application fee of $65 will be required per adult. Applicant may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner's association and may have to pay an additional application fee or an additional security or damage deposit.
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three times the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a co-signer. A minimum of two years residential rental history is required.
- Credit history and or Civil Court Records must not contain judgments, eviction filing, or bankruptcy within the past 7 years.
- Self-employed applicants may be required to produce upon request 2 years of tax returns or 1099s and non-employed individuals must provide verifiable proof of income.
- All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
- Criminal records must contain no convictions for crimes involving violence, assault or battery, drug manufacturing or firearms within the past seven years and no sexual offenses ever. In the event a record comes back "adjudication withheld", “nolle prosse,” or “adjudication deferred,” further documentation may be required and applicant may be denied on this basis.
- Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
- No pets (with the exception of medically necessary pets for the benefit of the occupant(s)) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the lease document, an addendum to lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet deposit or additional security deposit. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary pets.
- A minimum non-refundable property preparation fee may be charged at to the Resident(s) at time of leasing the property. It will be used at the end of your lease term to cover any needed cleaning, carpet cleaning and rekeying. Other mandatory minimum fees for cleaning, carpet cleaning, rekeying etc may be charged as per the lease. Resident(s) shall still be liable for amounts for damages, cleaning, rekeying etc that exceed this non-refundable property preparation fee or minimum fees.
- Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease execution in a minimum amount of one month's rent. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent.
- The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
- We may require a holding or good faith deposit to be collected to hold a property off the market. In the event the application is approved and applicant fails to enter into a lease, the applicant shall forfeit this deposit. In the event the application is approved, this deposit shall be applied to the required security deposit.
- Any exceptions to our company's criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
- Our company policy is to report all non-compliance with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau and/or a collection agency and if the amount is disputed, it shall be reported as disputed in accordance with law.
- Be honest and truthful in your application and answer all questions. Any falsification of facts or withholding of information requested on the application is cause for denial. If the falsification of facts is revealed after a lease has been signed, this is a reasonable cause for eviction.
- There are times when a company would like to rent a property in the company name. In those instances, we will require an individual to also be on the lease as a responsible party, either as an occupant lease holder or co-signer. This may be a principal of the company or the employee who is living at the property. The person who is responsible for the lease must qualify by our conventional scoring criteria. For occupant/non-leaseholders we require a criminal background check as part of the application.
IF YOUR APPLICATION IS DENIED
You will be emailed an adverse action letter stating the reason(s) for denial. f the denial was based on your credit report, you will be entitled to a free copy of your
credit report from the credit bureau.Royal Palm Property Management does not discuss the results with you. You will need to contact the screening company directly to
find out why your application was not approved.